Saturday, August 02, 2008

I went to the Festival

of Praise this evening.

It's good to see Hillsong reinventing itself with new sounds, and to see such young, gifted people writing and jamming praise songs from Parachute band. Omega Levine has quite a story to tell.

So he was born with his finger stuck to his nose bridge - thus he was born without a nose. Many painful memories and major operations later, his nose was reconstructed.

But the damage of childhood rejection and the pain of difference, and the 'why have you done this to me, God?', coupled with a seething hate for God and everyone around him, Omega almost ended his life.

Until the Maker of heaven and earth spoke.

'I love you,' He said.

That was how He created heaven and earth, I suppose. 'I love you' was what He meant.





No comments: